Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Very Long Day

I have now been traveling for about 27 hours. I'm sitting in the Cairo airport (not a good one to be stuck in by the way) because I missed my connection to Luxor by 20 min - thanks to there ridiculously slow and round about shuttle. I am tired and I stink like European airports. I want a shower and a bed. I love traveling.
The upside - I'm here, at least almost. I've had some good practice figuring out new airports so that one day when I'm on amazing race, I'll be ready. Also my bags didn't get lost in Paris where I even got a nice little nap spralled out on the floor. I realize that's disgusting but after maybe two hours of sleep last night, I really don't care.
So only 1 more flight to go and there's someone from the hotel picking me up so I'm done figuring things out for today. Thank goodness!
Oh other randomness - I had lamb meatballs on the plane. Seems dangerous but the other option was fish and neither of those seem like safe plane food so I just went with it. If I start throwing up in the next 24 hours we'll know what it's from. Good night

2 comments:

  1. Something about "lamb meatballs" doesn't sound good but I am sure that you will swallow worse as your trip progresses! We love you sweetie and are thinking of you continually! Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you liz! glad you made is safely!

    ReplyDelete