Monday, October 5, 2009

Picture Update

I found a computer that can actually upload pictures at a rate faster than 1 picture per 10 minutes. YAY! So here's some more pics from the trip so far.



View from Mt. Sinai



The sunset from the top of Mt Sinai.



My friend Anna hiking up the sand dune in Wadi Rum.



Sunset in Wadi Rum



Floating in the Dead Sea. Look! No hands!



Dead Sea Mud



Gowned up to visit the mosques.



The most popular "ice cream" shop in Damascus. I had to elbow my way in. Then I tasted some and realized that it wasn't really ice cream, but white cold stuff. (see post below)



No I didn't get married, but I did see a Syrian wedding. They were surprisingly seranaded by the singing groomsmen and bagpipes (apparently a local instrument)



Me out of the window of my new home if I accept the marriage offer in Krak des Chevaliers.



The evening glow in Palmyra, Syria

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous pics. especially love the dead sea mud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are so beautiful. I am so thankful you are having these wonderful experiences. Take care and WATCH YOUR STEP!
    Love and prayers - Kay

    ReplyDelete